動画見直して思ったのは、”You know,” というフレーズ、意識せずめっちゃ使ってますね…
<Case & Task>
General medicine department
A 55-year-old man has been admitted for a severe stomach ache and nausea for the last few weeks. He reports that he has had black coloured stools occasionally, when he goes to the toilet. He is a very busy businessman and he is worried about how long he needs to stay in the hospital because he has a plan to fly to the US for his business trip very soon. He also mentions that his GP prescribed anti-depressant drugs for his poor sleep.
Exam this patient and explain to him about the investigation, his condition as well as the treatment plan.
- Choose words carefully and avoid starting your explanations with the worst scenario (e.g. ❌ “What do you think this possible cause is?” – “Cancer.”)
- Make sure that you elaborate on everything about the necessary procedure, including why they need it, how they will undergo, and what possible complications may occur.
- When it comes to how to carry out colonoscopy for male patients, talk to them gently because they may feel embarrassed.
1. Why do doctors conduct an upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy?
2. How are an upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy carried out respectively?
3. What possible complications can be considered after an upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy?